What is Moodle?
It’s a web-based system that helps educators create interactive online courses without having to know the ins and outs of web design and development.
It makes it easy for teachers to pick and choose features, add content and create engaging courses with just a couple clicks of a mouse.
Moodle is a versatile tool that allows students and teachers to work collaboratively online. It lets students work at their own pace, and can be used to build a stand-alone course or to supplement classroom work. It’s whatever you want it to be!
So what does it do, specifically?
- Through Moodle, educators can:
- Upload video, audio and links relevant to a lesson
- Engage students in a discussion forum
- Guide a real-time discussion or “chat”
- Create, conduct and grade quizzes
- Prompt students with survey questions
- Post classroom blogs
- Create and maintain a classroom glossary related to a lesson
- Assign, collect, review and grade assignments
- Work collaboratively on a classroom wiki or group-edited document
- And more…
The best part is that Moodle is FREE to Oregon educators through ORVSD! Plus, we offer the support you need to get started.